Tuesday, July 12, 2011

It's official!!!!

Today we traveled back to the registration office, where we were at yesterday.  Some of the children realized they were going back to the same place where their lives changed dramatically less than 24 hours ago and started crying.  Thankfully Anastyn did not get upset.  Today, our adoption became official!  Anastyn is officially a Freeling!  Up to this point, I have surprisingly kept my emotions under control, I know shocking....but today, when we walked up and received our certificate from the registration official, the tears flowed.  After this, we headed to the notary office.  Because our group is so big, the travel companions were dropped back off at the hotel.  This was a relief for Bethany who is missing her friends and needed facebook and skype time.  She is also tired of 24/7 with Mom and Dad. So Mark, Anastyn, and I went to the notary  and completed more paperwork.  Anna is more relaxed, but still very reserved.  No, she has not smiled, no she has not laughed, no she has not giggled, no she has not played, no she has not verbalized.  But, she is softening.  While we were at the notary office, she actually took a cookie in her hand and when I moved her arm up to her mouth, she fed herself.  Now, let me clarify, she is physically and developmentally able to do this, but right now she is scared and has shut down, so she doesn't move.  At lunch, she grabbed her bottle and held it herself.  These are exciting strides for us.  After lunch, I brought her in our HOT room, and layed her in the crib and she went right to sleep.  In about 15 minutes, we are heading out with the group to go shopping at the Lotus Center to get supplies.  I think afterwards, we are just going to lay low in the room and watch us some Veggie Tales.  Tomorrow, we are heading with a small group to Luoyang, where Anastyn is from.  At this point, the plan is to go to Maria's Big House of Hope.  Yisha had said if a child was having a lot of problems adjusting, they may not let that family go.  So far, she hasn't said we couldn't go.  I met a family through Show Hope who had the same situation with their little boy and after they made the visit, they had a entirely new son...very happy and adjusted.  We shall see how it plays out with Anna.



No comments:

Post a Comment