Monday, August 1, 2011

Anna's Mommy & Daddy!

Last night Anna was sitting on my lap & we were looking at pictures of her at Maria's House of Hope.  I taught Anna to tap her chest to indicate herself or Anna, when she saw a picture of herself.  We saw some pictures of a couple of the nurses, Lily & Rhea.  I said their names & Anna repeated "ily" and "a" when she saw them.  If she saw herself sucking her two fingers in pictures, she would giggle & then immediately put the fingers in her mouth.  One of the pictures, several nurses were with Anna & some of the other children and two of the nurses were making peace signs with their fingers.  Anna saw this & then held up her fingers to make the peace sign.  She is so smart!  I thought showing the pictures may be a risk as she may get upset, but she sat and looked at them and seemed happy.

This morning she was sitting on my lap and tapping her chest, looking at me, smiling, saying "mommy."  I said "Yes I am Anna's mommy."  She then pointed to Mark, tapping her chest and said "Mommy."  Ok, yes she meant Daddy, but the point was, she was saying he was Anna's daddy!  She then giggled and nestled into me, smiling!  It was a GREAT moment!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! What a beautiful moment! She already knows how lucky she is!

    ReplyDelete