Thursday, July 2, 2015

5 days left!

We are down to one hand of counting days left! It looks like there will be 5 families in our travel group, counting our's. We have connected with two other families and yesterday all of us decided to book tickets on the bullet train from Beijing to Zhengzhou, the capital city where we will meet Jackson on July 13th! We have always wanted to try the train, but never have. Typically our agency books us on planes to travel inter-country, so if you want another form of transportation, you have to book it yourself and get yourself there as well.

Our first adoption trip, we didn't have a clue what we were doing, so we did whatever they suggested. Our second trip, it was just our family in our own travel group...didn't feel brave on our own, this time....safety in numbers! Actually adoptive families take the trains all the time, but it is an unknown for us and yet an exciting unknown! We got lots of tips from other families who have used the train, most loved the experience and would do it again. A few, hated it and did not recommend it. We feel like the tips we received will help us and again, there is a group of us going, so between all of us, we feel we can manage it! Blayten is going to LOVE this! Honestly, I think we will too. We will get to see parts of China we have never seen before, so that's a great benefit, not to mention the train is cheaper than flying. So hopefully it will be a win, win situation!

Today we should receive our final itinerary and soon have our travel conference call with our agency and the other families, to go over details. We are so close at this point! Today is my last day seeing clients and then will be off until August. This transition is good timing as I am returning to teaching in the Social Work Department at UNK in the fall and I am THRILLED to be going back! I will have a very small private practice at this point, working just 1 day a week and only seeing adults during the day. I am hoping it will be a nice balance and since I won't be seeing children anymore, I will be home at night with my family! Ah...what a concept! I love how everything is coming together...perfect timing :)

So....5 days left before we leave for China!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment